Inspiring Creative Living

Monday, August 18, 2014

One of my favorite things about being part of Pastiche at Main is the opportunity to spend time with other creative individuals. This past Friday night I attended a Creative Round Table get together with other creatives from Pastiche and had the chance to hang out with a group of women who truly inspire me. I came home from that night thinking of other things that inspire me and I thought I would take a few minutes to share some of them here.



Books and magazine's are always a big source of inspiration for me. Some of the ones that I find myself constantly turning to lately are A Million Little Ways by Emily Freeman, A Life That Says Welcome by Karen Ehman, and The Nesting Place by Myquillyn Smith. I am also loving a lot of magazine the past few weeks.


It may sound silly but a good cup of coffee and taking a few minutes to just put my feet up and clear my head tends to bring on a lot of inspiration around here.



New fabric always inspires me. Seeing a nice pile on my dinning room table wakes up my brain and has me itching to sew up all kinds of beautiful things.


Repetitive tasks tend to be a creative spark as well. We are painting our basement and I spent my weekend priming our wood paneling. I am pretty sure I completely redecorated my house mentally by the time I was done. After priming the basement I primed two bookshelves and cleaned my house top to bottom. Something about letting my mind wander while my hands were busy was so freeing and I have all kinds of ideas now.

Here are a few more things that may help spark your creativity.

Pastiche at Main's Pinterest page!

Things to do When You are Lacking Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs