My Pastiche Story: Shelby

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

 
 
Pastiche has meant the world to me and my business.
 
The fact that Haley Pavao believed in me and my work enough to want to include me in the 'hodgepodge of local creatives' was just the boost of confidence I needed to really believe in what I have to offer too. She went on to hire me to do her branding and I got to see one of my designs sit proudly on Main Street - a big moment in my freelance design career! Seeing people love my art prints and display them in their homes and gush over a hand-picked vintage item I'd collected, made my small business owner heart soar!
 
I opened my etsy shop {The Honeysuckle Shop} in 2011 and while I had success selling my vintage items, I was discouraged by the low sales of my art prints. On etsy, I'm lost in a sea of people who are selling their art prints, but at Pastiche I get to stand out and people get to see and feel my work in person and my prints have been my best seller every month! Nothing could be more encouraging to a designer than people loving your work.
 
This year, with the birth of my second son, I quit my day job to go full time as a freelance graphic designer and focus my efforts in Pastiche. It was a scary decision financially, but because of Pastiche, I am finding success in being a stay-at-home/work-at-home mom! This is a dream come true for me.
 
So, to Haley Pavao and her dream of a platform for local creatives and to all our loyal and loving customers, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs