Girly Weekend Tutorial Round Up

Friday, February 21, 2014

It seems like the warm weather makes every one want to get out and DO something. Our weekend plans are intensely girly and include a princess party tomorrow afternoon and a sleep over tomorrow night. Warm weather also stirs up my creative juices so, I decided to test drive a couple DIYs for you all to try out.

I swung by the shop on Thursday for some last minute inspiration. I only had a few minutes but I found exactly what I needed up by the counter.



1
These super sweet and bright hair ties by the Otis and June line proved to be a great starting point. They are perfect as a birthday gift. Even if a little girl has short hair they can be worn as funky bracelets.  They can also be used at the sleep over when we do make overs making them all around perfect.

2
These bobby pins were inspired by this cute dress up ring tutorial. My favorite kind of craft is one that requires minimal shopping. I didn't have rings on hand so I decided to decorate bobby pins instead. I made some to coordinate with the hair ties to give the birthday girl. If the kids feel creative we can use this activity at the sleep over as well. The girls can pick out buttons from my stash and then play dress up while I do the gluing.

3
I wanted to add one more piece to the gift so I turned to Pinterest for inspiration. I spent a lot of time at work with my husband yesterday so I was looking for a portable project. This braided fabric jewelry tutorial was perfect. This is such a simple but stylish idea. It reminds me of a grown up friendship bracelet.  I contemplated making a necklace (and still might) but decided to cut the braid down into bangle bracelet sizes. I sewed the ends together to make a circle and viola a really easy gift. It's pretty enough for adults but I can use to keep little hands busy and teach the girls how to braid.

Hopefully the weather will hold and we can all get out and enjoy some sunshine this weekend. But, if the rain comes back at least you have a few ideas on how to pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs